Victoria, Texas, Oil and Gas Attorneys – Oil, Gas and Mineral Lease Royalty Lawyers
Drainage – Bad-Faith Pooling – Underpayment of Royalties
Oils and gas mineral owners need to know…
A number of environmental, financial, and legal issues are involved in the drilling for and extraction of oil and gas. Responsibility for environmental clean-up, as well as a royalty schedule, must be addressed in lease agreements between land owners and oil and gas companies.
At the law office of Cole, Easley, Sciba & Williams, our attorneys are prepared to consult environmental experts, surveyors, and engineers when representing our clients’ financial and legal interests. We work to protect our clients from exposure to unwanted liability which could result in legal difficulties and financially responsibility for environmental problems that impact surrounding property owned by others.
We have years of experience in representing land owners in matters related to oil, gas, and mineral exploration and extraction. To schedule a free consultation and discuss how we can help you, contact the law office of Cole, Easley, Sciba & Williams today.
Legal Considerations Involved in Oil and Gas Agreements
The law office of Cole, Easley, Sciba & Williams advises and represents clients in regard to the following oil and gas issues:
- Water rights
- EPA and environmental clean-up liability
- Royalty disputes
- Determining royalties
- Lease agreements for oil and gas
- Indemnification and insurance
- Duty to Market
- Drainage issues
- Seismic surveys
- Mineral rights
- Pooled agreements
- Surface agreements
Considerations when Drilling or Extracting Oil, Gas, and Minerals
If you own minerals or have royalties near a producing oil or gas well, or if you are in a pooled unit of a well that is producing, you may be experiencing money damages without being aware of it. For a free initial consultation to discuss your specific situation, contact the Texas oil and gas attorneys of Cole, Easley, Sciba & Williams, P.C., today.
An oil company that has an oil, gas, and mineral lease on any part of the land or minerals owned by you owes you certain specific legal duties:
- To protect you against the drainage of your oil or gas (royalties) by a nearby well;
- Not to pool your land, minerals or royalties with land that has no oil, gas or minerals under it;
- Not to produce a nearby well at such a high rate that it damages oil and gas reserves under your land;
- To protect your mineral or royalty interest against loss as a result of the way oil and gas are produced from a reservoir under your land through a well on or near your land;
- To pay you the royalty price called for in the oil and gas lease.
Who do you turn to when you have been deprived of royalties due you?
Contact the Texas Oil and Gas Attorneys of Cole, Easley, Sciba & Williams
We can also provide legal services required for oil and gas exploration and property acquisition as well as prosecuting and defending oil and gas related matters in litigation.
Travis Edwards is able to handle all of your transactional oil, gas and mineral law needs.